Is there a Wiki in JIRA or an add-on that has this functionality?

Alejandro Villamarin May 18, 2014

Hello everyone,

I'm wondering if JIRA stand-alone has a wiki or an add-on for similar functionality. I kinda like this feature very much and would like to have the same as in GitHub...any clues? Thanks!

Bests,

Alejandro

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Anthony De Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 19, 2014

Hi Alejandro

I maintain the "Simple Wiki Pages for Jira" plugin. You can find it here: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.topshelfsolution.simplewiki

Supports pages per project, with permissions, linking of pages, favorites, archiving..etc. It uses Jira Markup Language. So authoring works the same as writing tickets/comments.

Next version due later this week will add tagging and file attachments for pages.

Alejandro Villamarin May 19, 2014

Awesome! Trying right away!

Thanks Anthony!

1 vote
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 18, 2014

Hello Alejandro,

Atlassian provides another tool Confluence for these purposes (https://www.atlassian.com/software/confluence). Moreover, you can integrate JIRA and Confluence in order to match your requirement.

Hope this helps,

Fabio

Alejandro Villamarin May 18, 2014

Hello Fabio,

Thanks for the quick response. Ok...although installing (and paying) Confluence when I'm just looking for a simple wiki looks a little bit overkill :D

Don't get me wrong, I love JIRA, but I miss a wiki A LOT...always used in previous ticketing systems (Trac, GForge, Redmine, etc)

Bests,

Alejandro

0 votes
Mike Sorensen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 18, 2014

If what you're looking for in a Wiki is the ability to comment on the issue, it's already there - Comments.

If you're looking for the ability for everyone to collaborate in the text - it's already there, simply edit the fields and changes are logged.

If JIRA has a Wiki or not depends on your perspective.

It does not have the ability to customize the view of each record like you can customize each page of a Wiki.

Alejandro Villamarin May 19, 2014

Hello Mike,

I tought I was crystal clear when giving examples...I just want a place to put docs that people with the given rigths can modify/edit, etc that help in the development process. Best examples of this is todays Github Wiki, or the previous Google Code wiki.

For me that's a wiki..anything that does not have that functionality is not.

I've been looking in JIRA marketplace for a Wiki add-on and could not find it, thus I came here to ask.

Like Friedrich Buetefuer likes this
Friedrich Buetefuer March 28, 2020

I have the same problem. I guess we will resort to using external files for documentation.

We used Redmine before and it had a WIKI. 

Like Oskar likes this

Suggest an answer