Is there a Wiki in JIRA or an add-on that has this functionality?

Hello everyone,

I'm wondering if JIRA stand-alone has a wiki or an add-on for similar functionality. I kinda like this feature very much and would like to have the same as in GitHub...any clues? Thanks!

Bests,

Alejandro

3 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Alejandro

I maintain the "Simple Wiki Pages for Jira" plugin. You can find it here: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.topshelfsolution.simplewiki

Supports pages per project, with permissions, linking of pages, favorites, archiving..etc. It uses Jira Markup Language. So authoring works the same as writing tickets/comments.

Next version due later this week will add tagging and file attachments for pages.

Awesome! Trying right away!

Thanks Anthony!

Hello Alejandro,

Atlassian provides another tool Confluence for these purposes (https://www.atlassian.com/software/confluence). Moreover, you can integrate JIRA and Confluence in order to match your requirement.

Hope this helps,

Fabio

Hello Fabio,

Thanks for the quick response. Ok...although installing (and paying) Confluence when I'm just looking for a simple wiki looks a little bit overkill :D

Don't get me wrong, I love JIRA, but I miss a wiki A LOT...always used in previous ticketing systems (Trac, GForge, Redmine, etc)

Bests,

Alejandro

If what you're looking for in a Wiki is the ability to comment on the issue, it's already there - Comments.

If you're looking for the ability for everyone to collaborate in the text - it's already there, simply edit the fields and changes are logged.

If JIRA has a Wiki or not depends on your perspective.

It does not have the ability to customize the view of each record like you can customize each page of a Wiki.

Hello Mike,

I tought I was crystal clear when giving examples...I just want a place to put docs that people with the given rigths can modify/edit, etc that help in the development process. Best examples of this is todays Github Wiki, or the previous Google Code wiki.

For me that's a wiki..anything that does not have that functionality is not.

I've been looking in JIRA marketplace for a Wiki add-on and could not find it, thus I came here to ask.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

121 views 2 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you