Is it possible when creating a new project that the workflow and board setup can be a default one?

Laura Browne June 6, 2017

When creating a new project it is very frustrating that each time we need to select our companies workflow scheme and our screen scheme.

Is there any way we can create a boilet plate template for this? When a user creates a new project the Workflow Scheme and Screen Scheme are automatically selected and Jira doesn't create a new scheme each time?

Thank you for your help.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 6, 2017

Hi Laura,

if you create a project in Jira, you can select an existing project as template for the new one. Just click on "Create with shared configuration":

jirasharedproject.png

That is great! a real time saver Thomas, thank you!

Do you know if you can do the same with boards, so a user does not have to create a new column and drag each status in manually?

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 6, 2017

No, I think this is not possible with boards, as far as I know. There's a plugin "Agile Board Template Builder for Jira"  but it is not for free and I haven't tried that yet, so I can't say if it is worth the price.

0 votes

thats great! 

Suggest an answer