Is it possible to use IQL queries in JQL queries?

Matt August 22, 2022

I can craft a compound using IQL to find insight object that are dependencies of other objects.   For instance, find servers or systems, that are integrated with system x.

What I want to do is find change questions, and filter then to include that type of IQL query.

How do I encode compound IQL queries in JQL queries?

1 answer

1 vote
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 22, 2022

Hey @Matt ,

Going from the Jira side you can use the iqlfunction() function 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicemanagementserver/insight-jql-functions-1087513360.html

This will allow you to do a JQL and then use an IQL on a customfield on those issues.

Matt August 23, 2022

Thanks dirk, that will let me query an attribute of a custom field, but I cannot fathom how it would let me multiple levels of 

AND object HAVING inbound References( )

Matt August 23, 2022

I think this is the same issue.
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Management/IQL-in-JQL-statement/qaq-p/1728886

It's a shame because Insight is a graph database but there no way to use it in JQL.

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 23, 2022

Could you maybe share a bit more information on what you wish to achieve?  Normally if you can write the IQL you can integrate it within the JQL too.

Matt August 24, 2022

Absolutely.
We have the foollowing object in this hierachy.

• It Service
    • IT System
      • Integration

An intergration object references multiple  systems.

A Service will reference multiple systems.

So to find Services that have system that partici[pate in a specific integration, pretty easy in search.

objectType = "IT Service" and object HAVING outboundReferences(objecttype = "IT System" and object having inboundReferences(objectType= "Application Integration" and Name like "foo") )

that's the type of query I want to put in Jira.
Change tickets refernces Services and Systems, I want a Jira search query to find Change tickets, with service 's system references by a specifc integration.

Suggest an answer