Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IQL in JQL statement

Nigel Verlé June 18, 2021

Hi, 

I need to query tickets where an object is selected (via custom field), with a specific attribute of an Insight object.

Some context: 

We've set up "Categories" with multiple levels. Those levels are linked to each other by an attribute "Predecessor". The value for the attribute "Predecessor" is the another Insight object (Category) on a higher level.

F.ex level 1 = IT hardware, level 2 = Computer (&predecessor = IT hardware) & level 3 = Processor (& predecessor = Processor)

A user will fill on his category on the lowest level, but their might be multiple lower levels linked to a higher level. In our query, we want to view all tickets of level 2, including the related tickets of level 3.

TLDR; I want to add an (Insight) attribute as a search parameter in JQL statement.

I've tried multiple queries (to retrieve the related tickets of level 2) but no success yet. Queries I tried:

• "Category" in iqlFunction("Predecessor = 'IT Hardware'")
  • "Category" in iqlFunction("Predecessor.\"Categories\" = \"IT HARDWARE\")
  • "Category" in iqlFunction(object HAVING outboundReferences("Name" = IT Hardware))
  • "Category" in iqlFunction("Predecessor" IN ("ICT-84484"))

Example of a category in Insight: 

Schermafbeelding 2021-06-18 154843.jpg

2 answers

2 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Peter-Dave Sheehan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 18, 2021

Try

Category in iqlFunction('Name = "IT Hardware" OR Predecessor = "IT Hardware"')

or

Category in iqlFunction("Name = \"IT Hardware\" OR Predecessor = \"IT Hardware\"")

From a quote/escaping point of view:

• The outer quotes are interpreted by JQL. JQL accepts both single or double quotes for function parameters
  • The inner quotes are interpreted by insight IQL and only double quotes are allowed. So if you used double quotes for the outer quotes, then you must escape the inner quotes.

AS for the IQL logic, the first part (Name = "IT Hardware") will get you all the issues linked directly to your level 2. And the second part of the OR will get you all the issues in the Third level if the Predecessor (second level) is a match.

Nigel Verlé July 9, 2021

Thank you Peter for the clear explanation. This worked. 

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nigel Verlé June 18, 2021

Already got a solution myself (for those who encounter the same issue): 

"Category" in iqlFunction("Object HAVING outboundReferences(Key = \"OBJECTKEYOFHIGHERLEVEL\")")

This works, but a method via the attribute of an object would be more scalable, so other solutions are still welcome!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events