Is it possible to upload test results without providing Test key?

Lucas Hartridge September 26, 2019

I am trying to upload the results from my test to Jira, but the request failed because test can not be found in Jira.

I read in the documentation that is possible to upload the test without providing the test key.

Here is that information (https://confluence.xpand-it.com/display/public/XRAY/Import+Execution+Results+-+REST#ImportExecutionResults-REST-HowresultsaremappedtoTestentities):

1. If the Test key is provided and...
    1. it exists, then create a Test Run for that Test
    2. it doesn't exist, then don't create any Test Run (since for some reason the explicitly identified Test does not exist)
  2. if no Test key is provided...
    1. try to find a Test in the identified project  with the same Generic Test Definition (e.g. with the same class name+class method for example)
      1. if it exists, then create a Test Run for that Test
      2. if it doesn't exist, then search for a Test with the same Generic Test Definition in all JIRA projects
        1. if it exists, then create a Test Run for that Test
        2. it doesn't exist, then create a Test in the identified project (based on the project's key or the project associated with the provided test execution key)

The information that I mentioned above is not present in the XRay Cloud Documentation, so my question is

Is it possible to upload test results without providing the Test key? How?

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Inês Silva
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 27, 2019

Hi Lucas,

Can you please open a ticket in our Support?
We need more information to help you.

Best regards,
Xray Team

Suggest an answer