We are currently making some reports using data extracted from Jira.The extraction works perfectly.
Where the problem comes is when we need to update our currently stored data with either new data or updated existing data.
The problem is that, adding a subtask to an already existing task does not trigger a change to the updated field for the parent task.
Since Jira parent/child relation is only known to the parents we end up with parentless child tasks since the children were found by our search query but the parents weren’t flagged as updated so we don’t update them in our reporting database.
I’d like to ask if it would be possible to update the parent tasks when a child task is added.
If that is not possible, would it be possible to add an hidden field (that is auto populated when adding a task) that shows each children who their parent is?
You can use ScriptRunner Listener function:
1) Create listener for Issue Created event
2) Check in event if created task is a sub-task.
3) If so, update parent.
Or you can use some other plugins discusses here: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Can-I-copy-a-field-value-from-sub-task-to-the-parent-issue/qaq-p/64798
It is a kind of strange and weird solution, but can be developed without custom plugins:
1) Create user and give him some email.
2) Set your notification schemes to send email on Issue Created event to created user.
3) Parse email to get Issue type from email body
4) If issue type is a sub-task (you should define it yourself) find parent issue and update it with REST API.
1) Make some web service with one URL. web service not in Jira, you should make it with other instruments
2) Embed webhook into workflow which is used for sub-task creation which will trigger web service
3) being triggered, web service must find parent for this sub-task via REST API and update it.
Of course for both solutions you must develop some custom scripts.
The Jira Marketing team is putting together an ebook on migrating to Data Center. We're looking for pro tips on how you staffed your project team and organized your Proof of Concept. Share yo...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs