Is it possible to update child task fields when parent task is updated without using any scripts?

priya.srivastava November 7, 2019

I have to update some fields that are common in both sub tasks and parent task(Fix Version, components etc)

I want all sub-tasks to get updated when parent fields are updated.

I am able to do this using ScriptRunner but due to some restricting I cannot use scripts.

Can anyone suggest alternative way instead of custom scripts?

2 answers

0 votes
Andrew Laden
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 8, 2019

Is the restriction against scripts or against addons in general.

In addition to the ones mentioned above,  Bob Swift's Update on Transition is another very flexible choice.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1211537/update-on-transition-for-jira?hosting=server&tab=overview

0 votes
Ivan Tovbin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 7, 2019

Hi Priya,

I'd look at some add-ons that provide a good selection of built-in workflow conditions, validators and post function. Add-ons like JMWE, Jira Workflow Toolbox, Jira Suite Utilities and such.

Suggest an answer