Is it possible to specify the priority when creating a issue via Email?

Sergei November 2, 2020

I read that this is not possible. Is there such a possibility at the moment?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Paul Mata November 2, 2020

@Sergei  I have an automation rule that looks for the word "critical" in the text of a new ticket and sets the priority to high if it exists. The drawback here is that if that word is used in any other context other than indicating the priority of the request, it will still set the priority. To prevent this from happening with tickets created through the user portal, you would want to make sure you are not using the same request type for email tickets. You could also limit the search for the word "critical" by only searching in the summary or description fields ("text ~ critical" searches both fields).

Here is my automation rule if you want to try it out:

critical_ticket.PNG

Sergei November 2, 2020

@Paul Mata I do not understand where you did it, it looks different to me. Thanks a lot, it works!

auto.png

1 vote
Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 2, 2020

Hi @Sergei 

You could set up automation to automatically categorise anything through email as a specific priority - but it would categorise all emails as that priority.

You could also set automation so that all emails from specific reporters are given a priority - you would need to do this for each reporter though.

Hope that helps,

Regards, Liam

Sergei November 2, 2020

@Liam Green Thanks for the answer, but the solution below seems more accurate to me

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events