Is it possible to show the field RootCause in the details?

Juliane Di Lascio March 3, 2014

If we close an issue we resolve it before and fill the root cause.

We only can see the values from field root cause under History. Is it possible to show the value directly under the details of each issue?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 3, 2014

Sounds like you have only added "root cause" to the "resolve issue" screen. I would add it to the "issue view" screen as well - that will display the current value for the field.

Juliane Di Lascio March 5, 2014

I have created now an Issue view screen. I can show there the RootCause, but I need to see the RootCause directly in the detail-data.

Do you know if this is possible?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 5, 2014

I'm not sure what you mean by "directly in the detail-data"? If you've got a screen for view, then when a root cause is filled in, it will appear in the issue details.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 5, 2014

Sorry, no screenshot attached?

Juliane Di Lascio March 5, 2014

I have uploaded a screenshot. At the top of every issue you have always the Details. There we want to see the root cause.

Below the Details (mixed in the "Normally" data) it is no problem....

Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 5, 2014

I think it means appended to the Description ?!?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 5, 2014

Ah, mixed in with the system fieds, instead of in the body of the issue? You have to hack the view .vm files to do that...

Juliane Di Lascio March 9, 2014

now with screenshot

Suggest an answer