Is it possible to return SearchResult to issue navigator?

chintu Parameshwar February 21, 2013

Hi,

Is it possible to return SearchResult back to Issue Navigator either by JQL function or by Custom field Searcher? If yes, could you please let me know how it is possible.

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 21, 2013

The whole point of the issue navigator is that it displays a search result.

I don't think I understand the question - could you explain what you are trying to achieve here?

Hi Nic,

I'm experiencing some serious performance problem explained in below questions:

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/139381/how-to-avoid-two-time-search

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/133371/how-to-get-only-visible-issues-in-a-project

Please help me on this.

Thanks in advance!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 21, 2013

I'm sorry, I can't make head nor tail of those questions/comments or how they relate to what you're trying to do. To be more specific - I can't see why you're parsing 50k issues and ignoring the internals which will filter out what can be seen automatically.

Could you explain, without referring to the code or objects, what you want to do? Keep it simple and human - like "I need a filter that will list all the issues that refer to penguins". Explain what your custom field is for - what question is it trying to answer?

I have JQL function "myfunction" in that function, based on some condition, I'm pulling 50k issue ids from jira database, when I pass them back to issue navigator(issue in myfunction()), I got some permissions error saying I can not see few issue ids. Then I passed those 50k to search() which filtered them and returned some of them say 40k issues(in SearchResult). Then I looped each issue from SearchResult and prepared QueryLiterals and send back to issue navigator. Here my search code done one search and after returning queryliterals my issue navigator performed one more.

Can I avoid any one of them? so that my function will run faster.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 21, 2013

Again, could you explain what your field is FOR?

Forget what it is currently doing and why you've got a problem and explain the end goal - what are you trying to do?

(Actually, the main thing that's screaming out is "pulling 50k issues" - why are you doing that?)

two times search taking place(~ 7 minutes). I want to improve my JQL function performance by any means.

Jamie said it is possible by sending query terms(using customfield) back to issue navigator instead of Query Literals, but did not told how it is done.

With this question I'm trying to find alternatives for my problem. I thought instead of all these(Query Literals or Query terms) I thougth of sending my searchResults directly on to issue navigator screen as result.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 21, 2013

<sigh> Again, could you explain what you actually want to do?

Nic, I'm sorry! I really don't know how to achieve my goal.

1. I thought of skipping one search by directly sending SearchResult object back to issueNavigator but I think it is a not a correct way.

2. I thought of implementing Jamies idea of sending query terms by means of searcher for dummy customfield. which I do not know how.

The question submitted here because somebody could give me some clues which help me to find a correct solution.

Please feel free to delete this question & answers if you think it is non-sense. If needed I'll delete it.

Thank you very much being patience with me.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 21, 2013

I'm going to have to give up before I lose my temper.

For the fourth time, please tell us what you are trying to do. What is your goal?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events