Is it possible to restrict the Due Date field entry to only take today's and future dates but not past?

Jaime Ramirez September 16, 2015

I need to setup the Due Date field to accept only Today's and future dates, but not past dates. Can this be done within JIRA Service Desk?

3 answers

0 votes
Kristi July 3, 2018

Hello,

I tried to use validator and it works great when moving ticket to in progress, however it is not validating on create issue (initial step). Any ideas?

Thanks!

Kristi

0 votes
tim nixon April 5, 2018

We too have this problem.. our Estimated Completion Date field is editable on the view and people sometimes pick a date in the past. A validator won't help since there is no transition

It seems like we need something like 'edit validators'..

Has anyone come up with an elegant solution?

tim nixon April 6, 2018

Well it seems like the 2 options are

1. delete the field from the edit screen so it cannot be edited and instead provide a workflow button to edit it which can validate it
  2. leave it as-is and let the users know to be careful when changing the ECD.

The solution we will probably use is #2.. None of our users when polled wanted another w/f step just to change a field. The users are also clever enough to have their own filters for upcoming or past completion dates

0 votes
Rodrigo Rosa
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 16, 2015

Hello Jaime,

You can do this using a validator, so before to create an issue, first it will validate using the options that you set (e.g Users can’t set the _Due Date_ field if it’s before the date from now).
To achieve this, first you will have to install the JIRA Tool Kit Plugin: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.atlassian.jira.toolkit] which will have extra validators options

Jaime Ramirez September 17, 2015

Hello Rodrigo .... I have installed the JIRA Tool Kit Plugin. Where in the system can I setup the validator for my Due Date field?

Deleted user June 2, 2016

Edit "Create" transition and add new condition "Date Expression Compare".

Vinicius Araujo October 18, 2016

Is this gonna work when the user edits the issue? I mean, will it do the validation in the Edit screen?

Like Mark Hostetler likes this

Suggest an answer