Is it possible to move the issue to different statuses using single transition button

Srikanth February 10, 2020

Hi ,

Is it possible to move the issue to different statuses using single transition button based on custom field value.

For example :

when we click a submit button a pop up window will appear with the field value ( yes/no).

when i select the "Yes" it should go to the status "completed"

when i select "No" it should go to the status "cancelled"

Regards

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Hernan Halabi - Elite IT Consulting Group
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 10, 2020

Hello @Srikanth transitions have already a destination status set. Maybe what you can do is setup an intermediate status that once the ticket is there, you have an automation in place that transitions the ticket to one status or another based on the value of the field that the user previously set. User experience would be seamless but I would not recommend this if you need to replicate this behavior a lot on a workflow.

Andrew Laden
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 10, 2020

JSU has a post function "Follow on transition" that may help.

Like Srikanth likes this

Suggest an answer