Is it possible to migrate Next-Gen Projects or Team managed projects from one cloud instance to othr

prashantgera April 27, 2021

I am looking for a solution to migrate the Next-Gen project or Team-managed project from one cloud instance to another. Please let me know if there is a way out.

I am able to migrate Classic projects or Company-managed-projects 

2 answers

0 votes
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 27, 2021

Hi @prashantgera,

As of now, migration of next gen projects between cloud sites is not yet supported 1-1. In This support article currently available strategies and workarounds are listed.

Maybe it is interesting to know that Atlassian is currently working on a migration assistant to facilitate cloud to cloud migrations. I cannot tell you whether next-gen migrations will be part of that first release, but it is definitely worth to keep an eye on. See this feature request to track progress: JRACLOUD-72570 

Hope this helps! 

prashantgera April 30, 2021

Hi @Walter Buggenhout 

Thank you. With the workaround available, I am able to move projects between two instances but the Sprint field doesn't move. I understand that we don't have Sprint id in the new instance. But is there a way to do it?

Thanks in Advance

Regards

Prashant Gera 

0 votes
Prince Nyeche
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 27, 2021

This would be a nice feature to have. CSV should just do the most minimal migration for you. Although there are little things that won't get moved over.

prashantgera April 30, 2021

Hi @Prince Nyeche 

Thanks for your reply. By little things, you mean the "Sprint" field?

Is there a way to do it?

Thanks in Advance

Regards

Prashant Gera 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS