Is it possible to make attachment field mandatory ?

Vishal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 31, 2020

I need to make attachment field mandatory in one of the issue type of a project only if they choose 'Yes' in response of another custom field.

Is it possible to achieve ? If yes, please help with it.

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ivan Lima
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 31, 2020

@Vishal , this is not possible out of the box. However, you can achieve this using an addon such as ScriptRunner.

Cheers.

Jakob KN
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 31, 2020

A solution to achieving this with scriptrunner, was posted here:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/How-to-make-attachment-mandatory/qaq-p/873098

Like # people like this
0 votes
Marat Minnebaev January 29, 2024

I resolved it.
I changed workflow in project on issue creation step. I clicked on connection between "CREATE ISSUE" and "TO DO" (it's my first step in workflow) and added "VALIDATOR". 
Next step -Add validator
Choose -  Field required Validator -Add

Publish Draft1.png2.png3.png4.png

0 votes
Adrian Stephen
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 31, 2020

Hi @Vishal 

This is not possible to achieve in Jira out of the box. 

You can make a field required based on input from another field using 3rd party applications.  

There have been several discussions already created here which might help:

0 votes
Andrew Laden
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 31, 2020

Can be done with any number of addons. You should see what ones you have in your instance and which ones can provide a validator to do your check.

The basic idea is you want a validator that check if field 1 is set and if so, that there is at least one attachment.

What add-ons do you have to work with?

ANITHA MOTEPALLI March 21, 2021

jsu Automation suit for jira

Suggest an answer