Is it possible to deactiviate the print functionality for a specific group of users?

Dirk Wallerstorfer April 15, 2015

I have a test version of the Agile Issue Printer plugin for JIRA (current verison 6.3.6). I have the situation that some fields are not visible to our customers using the Field Security Plugin. When you print out issues using the Agile Issue Printer plugin you have the possibility to specify the content of the issue that will be included in the printout (Card Designer). The thing is, that the fields that are hidden by the Field Security Plugin are visible in the Card Designer, meaning that the customer could access those fields using the Agile Issue Printer plugin.

Is it possible to restrict the usage of the print functionality to a certain group of users?

3 answers

0 votes
Midori
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 13, 2016

The PDF View Plugin also exports or prints issues, and it does support visibility settings for each export type separately! 

You can limit each export type to a list of users, to a list of groups, or even to issues matching a JQL query (see the bottom of the screenshot).

0 votes
Flying Agile
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 16, 2015

Hi Dirk,

it is not possible to limit the printing functionality of AIP plugin to certain user groups now.

But it sounds like a great feature and we will consider adding printing permission to future version of the plugin.

Thanks for the feedback, FA

0 votes
Rodrigo Girardi Adami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 15, 2015

Hi Dirk.

This might be a security issue of the plugin. If the hidden fields are appearing with the plugin, the developer may need to review the plugin code and make sure it respects the security placed on JIRA for users and groups.

I'll leave the question open so other users can help on this if they have any insight. I recommend to reach the plugin developer if possible too.

Cheers,

Rodrigo

Suggest an answer