Is it possible to create a confluence page for every new Jira Story Created?

Hi All

I was wondering is it possible to have a new Confluence Page created every time I create a Story? The page would initially contain the details of the story so it could be fleshed out in more detail there.

1 answer

1 accepted

Accepted Answer
0 votes

There's no way to do it automatically from within onDemand Jira. if you ran your own instance, you could develop a plugin that had a listener that watched for user Story creations & used the Confluence API to automatically create a page.

Theoretically, you could use the remote API to do a periodic search for new issues which was ran by a small program you would write & host yourself somewhere. It could then use the Confluence API to create a page.

or (and I would recommend) you could turn your process upside down and create the user Story in Confluence first and use Confluence to create the issue in Jira, automatically linking it

http://blogs.atlassian.com/2012/02/link-jira-issues-to-confluence-pages-automatically/

if you really want to dig deeper and force it to go Jira to Confluence, try this

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/28368/automatically-create-a-page-under-project-on-confluence-when-a-jira-issue-is-created

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 18, 2018 in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

22,055 views 2 7
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you