Is it possible to connect a classic service desk project to a next gen portal?

Luke Dodd October 24, 2019

Hi all

Noob-alert...!

I'm 3 days in and still scratching my head.

Sorry, but I can't find this question in the forums, so I'll start fresh. Please feel free to revert me to any articles that already exist.

I'm having difficulty with some of the limited functionality in Next Gen Service desk projects (like sub-task creation and more).

I do however want to use the portal functionality that enables article support when users create issues.
What I think can solve this, is to be able to create issues in portal that immediately exist within a classic project.

I have multiple internal support and development functions (Ecom, SAP, IT, BI) that will require slightly different integrations (probably their own projects) and hence will need the ability to create different work flows and multiple sub-tasks for complex issues and change requests - which has lead me to use the Classic projects to handle this.
However, I want the experience for internal customers to be consistent and seamless, whilst mitigating the unnecessary tickets that can be resolved through the portal.

Does anyone have any guidance that can help?

Thanks in advance

1 answer

0 votes
Luke Dodd October 24, 2019

Attempted workaround - I next tried to embed an issue collector into Confluence, only to discover that it it unsupported in Confluence Cloud.

Suggest an answer