Is it possible to configure an automation rule, during creating an issue for a special responsible?

Benjamin Buchwald January 18, 2021

I need an automation rule while creating an issue, the responsible field should be filled with the project lead. I mean the lead field while creating a new project.

Is it possible?

3 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 18, 2021

An option (or addition of some kind) could be to work with components. They bring an built-in option with them to assign Project Lead.
From what you described you are not goint with components right now but a custom field - if this can be changed it would be possibly easy. If not some combinations of several methods could lead to a success.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 18, 2021

Likely. I’m unsure if Project Lead can new accessed in Automation. Have you attempted as yet?

trigger - issue created

condition - whatever your needs are

action edit issue and copy project leader into custom field

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 18, 2021

:-( I had not ever attempted to use PL so was unsure. I may play with this bit to see if I have a better idea but in the meantime here are two ideas (not necessarily great but...)

• If the project lead isn't going to change then simply set the Responsible party to the user that is the PL. This can be done either by Post Function in WF for Automation.
  • If the PL is going to change then (really hacky), set the default assignee to be the project lead for all issues then use Automation to 'clean it up'. When the issue is created then copy the Assignee into the Responsible party field and then clear the Assignee.
0 votes
Benjamin Buchwald January 18, 2021

Hi Jack,

i did the same steps as you described. My trigger - issue created then: edit issue fields - Responsible. But i cannot find lead. I only can copy from issues :/

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events