Is it possible to clear a field when editing another field, before clicking the "update" button?

Shirley He June 18, 2018

When a user is on the edit screen and changes any field, I want to reset another field, called field2, and make them fill it in again. I want this to be done "live" while the user is still on the edit screen, before they hit the update button.

I've figured out a way to clear field2 if the user updates the issue (did this using a listener), but as I've said before, I want to clear the field BEFORE the update button at the bottom of the edit screen is clicked.

Can someone tell me if this is at all possible?

1 answer

1 vote
Mark Markov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 18, 2018

Hello @Shirley He

Yes, you can achieved it with Scriptrunner Behaviors.

Add-ons -> Behaviours

Add behavior, add mapping to your project and issue types.

Fields -> Add field2(field that will be trigger clearing)

add server-side script:

def field1 = getFieldByName("field to clear name")

def field2 = getFieldById(getFieldChanged())

field1.setFormValue(null)
Pratibha Tambakad November 30, 2022

Hello Markov,

I have used the code snippet to achieve one of my requirements similar to this. but Whenever I open edit screen to edit the value of the field its not showing the currently selected values

Example I have 2 fields Country and Region, and both are multiselect fields. Currently 

field Region is having 3 values A,B,C. and when i open the edit screen it won't show these selected values it will just allow us to select new values after using the code snippet

Please provide me any solution if you have

Suggest an answer