Is it possible to add more conditions for SLA calculations

For the Start of the SLA id like to use a different custom Date field that we are using. Same for the Stop portion of the SLA, id like to use "Date entered into X custom field" as the stop to the SLA. Is there anyway to do this?

6 answers

1 accepted

Accepted Answer
0 votes

The answer is.. Not possible. More conditions should be available for setting SLA's.

Hi David,

I don't know how to do it inside JIRA, but Intelligent Reports will let you easily select a custom date for SLA calculations. You can design the report in Microsoft Word and point and click to create rules to fill in the data - no programming or API to learn.

You might want to check out our free sample SLA report as a basis.

Cheers,

0 votes
Shihab Hamid Atlassian Team Jan 15, 2014

Hi David,

It's currently not possible to configure custom start or end dates for SLAs.

We have an open feature request for this: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSD-81

I encourage you to vote on the issue and watch it for future updates.

In the interim, a possible workaround you can try is to define a separate queue for items that use the due date field and order the queue based on items that are due soon. This doesn't give you true SLAs on the ticket but it can help your team prioritise work based on what's due imminently.

Cheers,

-Shihab

The answer is.. Not possible. More conditions should be available for setting SLA's.

Currently, the SLA can be met by the Comment: For Reporter condition. However, it is possible for another user at the same account who isn't the Reporter to make a comment which then meets the SLA. Is there a way to add an additional condition, such as "Comment: From Assignee"?

Still not possible?

I need a Baseline Start Date set manually as Start SLA which is a date and time prior to when ticket was created. Any advice?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Jira

Looking for anyone who made the switch to Data Center

The Jira Marketing team is putting together an ebook on migrating to Data Center. We're looking for pro tips on how you staffed your project team and organized your Proof of Concept. Share yo...

34 views 0 2
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you