Is it possible for a custom field's options to be horizontal?

Bryan_Schmiedeler July 22, 2019

I have a handful of custom fields that have between 3 and 7 options. In my screens these fields take way too much vertical screen space. 

Is it possible to have a fields options go horizontal not vertical? 

My field type is checkbox.

I would like to do some customization to the screens and am wondering if there is a plugin that might give me a palate of customization options.

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 30, 2019

Hi Bryan,

I see you are looking customize the way that custom fields are displaying their options within Jira.  It might be possible to customize this layout if you were using Jira Server via some javascript and/or custom CSS that you could put in the announcement banner or the field descriptions.

However Jira Cloud does not have this ability to customize in those ways.  To the best of my knowledge it is not possible to do in Jira Cloud today.  I also searched within https://marketplace.atlassian.com/ however I did not find any solutions that see to fit this request.

I did come across a feature request that I think encompasses what you are looking for here.  Please see JRACLOUD-61402  for details.   There is no guarantee this feature would be implemented, but if it was, or a workaround was found, I would expect that issue to be updated with additional information.  So it might be helpful to watch and vote on that issue.

Regards,

Andy

Suggest an answer