1. To build a burn-down (or burn up) for the entire project, not for a single sprint. I need to see the overall project's progress and trend, not only for the local sprint.
2. Ability to use a custom field for size of the specific task (not just estimated time field). For example, I have a field "Effort" which contains effort in days. This field should be used to calculate the scope and the progress. The "Initial estimate" field doesn't work for me, since it covers not all the activities.
jira version is 7.2.7, agile version is 7.2.8
For "1." you could create a version and for this you can create a burndown chart. You have to take care that you add all relevant issues to this version to get enough data for your chart metrics.
* By "effort in days" you want to log the time spent by your employees, afterwards?
* Everything before can at best be an estimation and trying to get fix numbers of days/hours will end in a fiasko because no-one can exactly tell how long a complex problem will need to be solved. At best it will be forecasts and therefor you can also use the estimate field because if you use story points or days for an estimation does not matter at all. It's just metrics used to try to do an educated guess.
* If you want to log time spent on work afterwards you can use the worklog / time spent.
Hello, Community! My name is Gosia and I'm a Product Manager on Jira Server and Data Center here at Atlassian. Since 2002 when we launched our public issue tracker, jira.atlass...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs