Invoke closing all issues within version upon release

As in once a version is released to production, we'd like to close all the issues tagged with said version. Closing all bugs for example would allow us to notify customers via Salesforce that a given bug or feature request has been released to production vs. simply resolved, code complete, etc.

Thanks!

Yen

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Yen,

I'm not sure about what you really want, but if you are using Kanban, that should be the expected behaviour, as when an issue gets in it's final stage you can assign them a release version.

Perhaps you might want to change the workflow steps, add some other transitions and post functions, not sure, but it might helps.

Thanks!

Andre

We're using Jira Agile and within the plan mode, there are versions. Normally we'd mark user stories as resolved once they are Dev / QA complete by the end of the sprint, but we don't want to close them until they go out to production as apart of a version release. When that occurs, I was hoping that when we "release" a version within Jira (preferable thru the plan mode view), that all associated stories & bugs would be closed. Hopefully that's more clear! Yen

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted yesterday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

78 views 1 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you