Integrate JIRA Service Desk with my system

Ian Manyama January 29, 2019

Hello,

I have been using JIRA software before but now am looking if there is a way i can integrate JIRA Service Desk with my system. What i would real like is to extend help center pages into mys system

Is there any way this can be implemented?

Thank you

1 answer

0 votes
Stephen Sifers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 30, 2019

Hello Ian and welcome to the Community!

Jira Service Desk does have an available API which will allow you to write integrations with other systems. Along with this, there is also an available Java API which will allow you to build add-ons to integrate with JSD and other systems as well. You may find more about both of those at the following links:

What I’m interested to know, what exactly is your system you want to integrate with Jira Service Desk?

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

Ian Manyama January 30, 2019

Hello Stephen,

Thank you for your reply, i have a Logistic system and there is a new requirement to develop help center module, so was looking instead of starting from scratch we can take advantage of existing system like JIRA Service Desk,

I have seen JIRA SD has many very useful APIs which i can use, but was wondering if it is possible to extend JIRA Help Center Page on my system? so that user will be able to access this JIRA SD inside my system?

Regards,

Ian Manyama

Like Stephen Sifers likes this
Stephen Sifers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 31, 2019

Hello Ian,

The short answer is, possibly. With your application, you may be able to create issues via the API. There are additional API calls to GET the data from JSD and then redisplay it within in your system. Using calls such as:

The long answer is, you won’t know until you attempt to integrate the two applications to see what possibilities lay before you. Your application may not be compatible in a sense there are no options to customize the interface nor are there any options to pass data to and from the system itself. Along with this, your application may not even support integration either at all or with parties not involved with their integration. There a lot you will need to discover to see if this option is even possible.

Something to be aware of is this is a support community and not often browsed by developers. We want to ensure you get the responses and answers you need so we would suggest you check out the Developer Community. The Developer Community may have more available resources to answer or address your developer questions.

I hope this helps to clarify your possibilities and give you some guidance moving forward.

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

Ian Manyama January 31, 2019

Thank you very much Stephen

I will sure check those links you shared also will post the same question on Developer Community

Suggest an answer