Installing Jira Sub-component Add-on by file upload does not work!

WillK October 30, 2013

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/UPM/Installing+Add-ons

According to this link above, you can click on the Upload Add-on link at the top right side of the page of Manage Add-on. Well that "Upload Add-on" link does not exist!

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 30, 2013

You must be an administrator to do this.

Also, I suspect you are using OnDemand. That does not allow the upload of add-ons.

WillK October 30, 2013

I am an Admin.

Excuse my ignorance (new to Jira) but yes I am using OnDemand, what should I use instead?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 30, 2013

If you want to add plugins, you need a host who will allow it. OnDemand does not. There are a number of Atlassian Expert Partners who do hosting, and they have varying rules on plugins, costs and so-on. You can also install it yourself and run it on your own hardware, which means you've got complete control.

If you are thinking of changing who hosts your system, one small piece of advice - stick to people who explicitly host Atlassian systems, or are happy to let you have almost total control over the server. Quite a lot of providers who host services don't get involved in understanding the software, and prevent you from setting it up in a useful way.

Suggest an answer