Insight Riada, Can I show as a select list the object types?

laralg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 7, 2018

Hello,

I have an bbdd with my actives, but when people ask about a computer or a phone, do not want to create in Jira a custom field with the options aviable. Since I already have in Riada

-Hardware

--Computers (computer objects)

--Mobiles  (mobile objects)

I want in my service desk that the users can select with which hardware they are having trouble, not a single object, as they do not know how to see the "name" of their computer.

Regards

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
PJ Wysota
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 7, 2018

In this meaning - nope. What we are using is a workaround:
- separate Object Type called CI category
- objects may (but don't have to) be in line with Object types (in our case they are not - there are 6 main categories, where we have around 60 different object types
- other object held attribute - reference to which category they belong to

- Insight CF for those categories is retrieving just categories

- actually "CI affected" field is configured like on screen attached - causing to show only objects belonging to chosen category

Then it is just about if second field is mandatory or not.

Screen Shot 2018-06-07 at 13.15.43.png

laralg
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 7, 2018

Thanks Przemk! I thought about doing that but the drawback I found was that that then, I have to go object by object telling the that they belong to that category. Or is there something like a bulk change so I can associate them?

And later (because the imports are done daily) how do i keep the new objects updated associated with this external category?

Like Tom Gustafsson likes this
PJ Wysota
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 7, 2018

there is :)

Screen Shot 2018-06-04 at 13.25.22.png

PJ Wysota
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 7, 2018

if objects are updated (not deleted and created) attributes created internally in Insight will remain. :-)

Like Tom Gustafsson likes this

Suggest an answer