Insight Plugin is not working. Why is it?

Batuhan ŞEN May 16, 2022

Hello everyone,

Insight Plugin is not working. I tried all versions of it for data center. from 8.9.4 to 8.10.1. I can not configure or get started. It automatically directs to home page. Also, not seen it top menu or i can not see it on manage apps.

How can i solve it? Is there anyone who can help me ?

System is

Jira Software 8.22.1 - Data Center

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 16, 2022

Hey @Batuhan ŞEN ,

Insight is a bit of an odd horse as it has become part of the Atlassian offering.

On the following site https://confluence.atlassian.com/insightapps/insight-for-jira-data-center-and-server-1085180878.html

you can read:

Insight - Asset Management is part of Jira Service Management Data Center 4.15 and later, but you can also download it at no extra cost for earlier versions of Jira Service Management Data Center, and also for Jira Software Data Center. If you're on one of these earlier versions or had a separate license for Insight before, it’s best to see our FAQ for answers to any licensing questions you might have.

This reads to me that it is no longer available for Jira Software for version 8.15 and up unless combined with Jira Service Manamagent 4.15 or up.

If you need it for Jira Software only you seem limited to an earlier version.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Marco Brundel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 16, 2022

Hi @Batuhan ŞEN ,

See https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftware/jira-software-8-15-x-upgrade-notes-1041828754.html#JiraSoftware8.15.xupgradenotes-insight for more information.

I think you need a Jira Service Management license.

regards, Marco

Suggest an answer