Insert an external link

Hi

I want to add a field in every issue to contain a clickable link to an InfoPath document.

A normal link can be inserted and it works, a link to an InfoPath document appears as plain text, not a link.

It would be nice when the link is shown (and clickable) in reports as a short word like: "Document"

is there a way to do this in Ondemand JIRA?

Thanks

rob

5 answers

1 accepted

You've got a few options:

1. Enale the {html} macro in wiki text rendered fields like description
    https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/198044/turn-on-html-macro-in-jira-6-0
  2. Make a scripted field with groovy (Script Runner) with html template and return the html for the link there
    1. The value can be obtained by another custom field
    2. The value can be obtained by an issue link

Where do you want that link (in which field - description ?) and what does an Info Path link url looks like ?

Hi Boris:

The link looks like:

formserver.aspx?XmlLocation=%2Fteam%2Finfra%5Fservices%2Fprocessen%2Fwijzigingsverzoeken%2FDocuments%2FCombi%20projecten%20%28standaard%2D%5F%20maatwerkaansluitingen%20uniformeren%2Exml&OpenIn=Browser&Source=http%3A%2F%2Fsites%2Eenexis%2Elocal%2Fteam%2Finfra%5Fservices%2Fprocessen%2Fwijzigingsverzoeken%2FDocuments%2FForms%2FAllItems%2Easpx%3FInitialTabId%3DRibbon%252EDocument%26VisibilityContext%3DWSSTabPersistence%26GroupString%3D%253B%2523Engineering%253B%2523%26IsGroupRender%3DTRUE

I cannot put it in a LINK-custom field. The text is too long is the message.

When I put it in the comments field, the text is not recognised as a link

The only way to make it work is with: MORE-- link. Then the problem occurs that this link is not visible in reports and filters. That was the reason to look for a solution!

Thanks so far!

Rob

Hi Boris

new things to learn. Can this be done in the OnDemand Jira? I didn't know that.

Within 14 days I will try to find time to work on this a bit more.

Thanks so far!

Rob

The solution from point 2 can't be done in ondemand, but point 1 can I suspect.

My understanding is the html macro cannot be enabled in OnDemand so both options won't work.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Jira

Meet the AUG leaders of Northern Virginia

@Rachel Wright (Jira Genie), @Billy Poggi (AUG NOVA, DC), and @Dana Jansen (Confluence Queen) are just some of the folks that lead one of the world's most active Atlassian User Group (AUG)....

158 views 5 9
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you