Inline click to edit in view screen for custom fileds Ondemand jira

AC October 5, 2015

Hi 

I went through below link -

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/71936/disable-click-to-edit-in-jira

regarding disabling inline screen edit to certain custom fields.But i could not achieve.

I tried creating Transition Edit screen and view screen separate and attaching to workflow but as , i need these fields to be just view in RO mode , inline click to edit stil allow users to edit it  making all efforts in vain. 

Please guide if this can be done without having CLI script and installing plugin options in cloud instance 6.1.  

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 5, 2015

I think you're forgetting to remove the fields from the issue edit screen in the issue type screen scheme.  Nothing to do with the transitions (although you will need to put the fields on transition screens if you ever want to edit them)

AC October 5, 2015

I have removed fields in edit screen hence when user hit next stage approval button edit screen appear which don't show these fields , but again once transition is over and issue come to next state showing attached view screen which has these fields which are inline editable . I want inline editing to be off for particular type of issue to be off , but open for rest . how possible in cloud version

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 6, 2015

When you say "when user hit next stage approval button edit screen appear which don't show these fields", this is NOT the edit screen, this is a *transition* screen. You need to remove the fields from the edit screen which is determined by the issue type screen scheme for the project (note that this is the same configuration settings where you say things like "for bugs do one thing, and for tasks, do something else")

AC October 7, 2015

Thanks Nic It worked one correction it is not at -issue type screen scheme rather in issue screen where it give drop down for create view and edit functions

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 7, 2015

Not quite a correction - I used "issue type screen scheme" because that leads people to the right place when they are looking at a project config. It's the starting point to drill down into. And you have to understand the idea of issue type screen schemes grouping together screen schemes to be able to find the right one. * Issue type screen scheme: tells a project which set of screen schemes to use because you can have different screen schemes for different issue types. * Screen scheme: says which screens to use for the three core actions (view, edit, create) * Screen: list of fields, for screen schemes (or workflow transitions)

Suggest an answer