Inherit component from parent issue

Naman Mandli March 29, 2019

Is there any way to inherit component values from parent to child whenever there is an update in components in Parent ticket?

We want to create a listener in Scriptrunenr.

Please help.

2 answers

4 votes
Ashkan Malekly
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 30, 2019

Hi Naman,

U can use project automaion and create this rule as below:

888888.jpg

cheers

daryl.autar April 29, 2021

Very helpful answer and example, I specifically needed to inherit the component from the main story to the subtask.
I will add that the 'Automation' menu can be found in the 'Project settings' tab.

0 votes
Ashkan Malekly
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 30, 2019

This rule is used for creating a sub issue.but u can subtitute creating with updating an issue.

Naman Mandli April 1, 2019

Thank you Ashkan for quick reply.

I created automation but it is not working as expected fully.

For sub-task creation - I added post function to copy component values from parent to child. And It works.

Your solution is only working when I manually update something in sub-task. It is not working when I update components in parent ticket.

Any suggestion? Will listener help in this matter?

Naman Mandli April 2, 2019

Can someone please help?

Suggest an answer