Incomplete issues is not moving to next sprint instead moving to Backlog

Bhakti Prasad Panda June 12, 2019

Well here is the scenario:

There are two boards in project lets say X1 and X2. X1 board is based on label X1 and X2 board is based on label X2.

I created a sprint S1 in board X1 and assign some X1 issues. Then as soon as i assign some X2 issues to the S1 sprint, it appears in the backlog of X2 board.

Now i started the sprint and it appears in Active sprints of both board. Let say there are 2 issues in X1 board of sprint S1 and 2 issues of X2 board of sprint S1.

When i click complete the sprint from X1 then it shows all the issues in the sprint i.e, issues from both the boards. I choose to move it to next sprint S2 and click complete.

Now the situation is issues in X1 moved to S2 sprint perfectly but issues in X2 moved to backlog of X2 board. 

What could be the reason? Please help us on that.

1 answer

0 votes
Thomas Magny-Garcia
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 12, 2019

Hello !

May it be a right issue? Do you have the manage sprint permission in both projects?

zoma plex June 12, 2019

Hello Thomas,

As i said both boards are in same project. They are differentiated based on a filter. Please read the scenario one more time.

Regards
Bhakti Prasad Panda

lukasz luniewski September 6, 2019

Same issue here for one of my projects. Have you open a ticket with Atlassian yet?

zoma plex September 8, 2019

I haven't yet. Until unless its been recommended from any community leader/ Atlassian team member, i can't create this directly. I asked this question here because it might help others to get to know about the same, Lets see.

Baru Lopez September 11, 2019

I am seeing the same issue now, has anyone found a cause or resolution?

lukasz luniewski September 12, 2019

Maybe voting this issue would be a good idea?

Amy Starbuck September 12, 2019

I'm having a similar issue, it shows in the History being added to the next sprint, then being removed. Are you also seeing that in your X2 issue history? I also am not able to move that ticket back into a sprint from the backlog, it's basically stuck in the backlog, which is a real problem for us.

Baru Lopez September 16, 2019

@lukasz luniewski as far as I can see there is no voting mechanism for the issue, just for the answers. I don't see a linked Jira ticket

Amy Starbuck September 16, 2019

fyi.  We have an add-on installed called BigPicture. The application engineers from BigPicture told me today that our issue is likely related to a bug with their application.  They are planning to release a fix tomorrow, 9/17/2019.  If you also have the BigPicture add-on, maybe this will fix the issues you're seeing as well.

lukasz luniewski September 17, 2019

@Baru Lopez yes, sorry my bad. But i think JIRA ticket could be useful.

Suggest an answer