Incoming mail handler test - 504 timeout - Issues are not created anymore

Hello,

I'm using a the incoming mail handler for years now, but since about one week, I have a problem.

The issues aren't created anymore from the mailbox. At first it was an authentication error, that was coming from Gmail ; I had to manually connect on the account and set a secondary email for recuperation purpose...

I've changed the password of the account, and also updated the password in Jira.

When I test the connection through the VerifyPopServerConnection!update.jspa page it works fine, but when I test through the mail handler I have an error.

The ajax query fails after 60 seconds with the HTTP code 504 ( gateway timeout ).

The failing test URL looks like https://xxxxx.atlassian.net/rest/jira-mail-plugin/1.0/message-handlers/test?atl_token=

My real problem is that in the mean time, the issues are still not created anymore in my Jira, I'm not sure if there is a link with the failing test but maybe it can help.

I'm running the cloud version.

Anyone can help ? maybe deleting / recreating everything would help... I'll give a shot later

Thanks

0 answers

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,760 views 11 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot