Inactive Jira users also have charged

Niraj Vara January 25, 2023

I want to Migrate JIRA Software 7.8 to JIRA cloud, I have total 80 users but only 20 users are active. Other users are not-active or left the organization.

If I moved to JIRA Cloud for Standard Plan then I have to paid for the 80 users or for only active 20 users ?

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 6, 2023

You will only pay for the active users you migrate into the Cloud.  Inactive users won't be chargeable for, but you'll want to make sure that you keep them inactive when you migrate. 

The worst case is you import 80 people, and it will look like you have to pay the first month for them, then make them all inactive so that you only have 20 to be charged for in the future.  But Atlassian will not make that charge for 80 if you raise an issue that explains what you are doing during your migration.

0 votes
Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 25, 2023

Hi @Niraj Vara ,

I would recommend you to contact the Atlassian support directly through https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/. Select What can we help you with? == Migration Support

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events