In my JIRA sprint board, each card includes the original time estimate. How can I view the total es

GL Communications March 20, 2024

In my JIRA sprint board, each card includes the original time estimate. How can I view the total estimated work for all team members in a specific sprint? I'm looking for a method to see each team member's name and their corresponding estimated workload for that sprint. This will help us in figuring out if sufficient tasks are available for each resource.

2 answers

0 votes
Bloompeak Support
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 20, 2024

Hi @GL Communications

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

If you prefer using a marketplace app, you can try Sum Up Reports for Jira app. This app provides various table reports based on the fields you choose.

• You can list the issue fields you want and sum up the values at the bottom.
  • You can group your data on any field (sprint, status, assignee, component, project etc.) and sum up the field values (story points, time estimate etc.) or take averages.
  • You can add this app as a gadget to your Jira dashboards.

Here is our live demo dashboard where you can see and modify any sample report and play with it. For your case, you can have a look at the report below.

Sum of original estimate by assignee.png

For further details, you can have a look at Sum Up and Average Reports in Jira Dashboards article.

Hope it helps.

0 votes
Iryna Komarnitska_SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 20, 2024

Hi @GL Communications ,

There are several ways to estimate an assignee's workload within a sprint.
1. You can use the built-in gadget for Jira Dashboard - Workload Pie.

2024-03-20_13-24-48.png

2. There is another way. It is more complicated because it requires deeper analysis. I'm talking about the time in status metric, which will help you analyze your team's productivity in terms of historical data/current data.

By analyzing the time spent in each status, you can assess your team's performance regarding issue resolution, cycle time, and lead time. For example, if issues are spending a long time in the In Progress status, it may indicate that your team is struggling with certain tasks or that resources are not allocated efficiently.

You can also use the Time in Status report to evaluate your team's workload. By comparing the time spent in each status across different team members, you can identify imbalances in work allocation. For example, if one team member has a significantly higher average time in the In Progress status than others, it may indicate that they are overloaded with tasks.

My team has developed the Time in Status app for Jira. You can learn more about it app and how to optimize workflows using different time metrics in our articles:

Time in Status in Jira: What is it and how to track?

🚀 Boosting Productivity with Assignee Time Reports 🚀

Insights from Time in Status, Cycle Time, Lead Time, and beyond metrics

I hope this will be useful to you!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders