In an effort to sunset a project, I would like to ensure all aspects move with it.

Mark Green July 14, 2021

In this instance we have the following items of question and concern:

1. Move all existing issues from one project to another - I understand how just need to bypass the 1000 limitation
  2. Inbound email issues to the project to be deprecated, how do I ensure that they make it to the replacement project, as the project we are migrating to already has email connecter active with a different address
  3. Ensure customers that exist in the project to eliminate are exist in the replacement and have access

Thats it for now, any thoughts and help would be appreciated.

1 answer

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 14, 2021
  1. You will need to perform multiple moves or consider a marketplace app, e.g. deep clone which allows for 5000 currently.
  2. you will need to educate folks to use new email or consider using an external forward though this can be problematic if you wish to retain the original sender.
  3. this will be a manual process.

Basically what you’re looking for is a project merging application. Now while one may exist in the marketplace I am unfamiliar with such in my brief search turn up anything favorable. However that does not mean it does not exist. Even still #2 would be manual.

Marlene Kegel - codefortynine
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 14, 2021

Hi @Mark Green, hi @Jack Brickey,

I am the product manager of Deep Clone for Jira.

We released an update a few days ago that enables you to Bulk Clone and Move up to 100.000 issues at once.

If you want to learn more about migrating issues to another project, you can have a look at our documentation.

If you have further questions or feedback about Deep Clone, don't hesitate to contact us.  

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 14, 2021

@Marlene Kegel - codefortynine , cool. You might want to update the Marketplace details. Cheers!

Marlene Kegel - codefortynine
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 15, 2021

Thanks for the hint, @Jack Brickey

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events