Importing issues from excel to JIRA

Hello,

We currently have a requirement where in we have bulk amount of issues tabulated in an excel file. Each row in excel has to be created as an issue in JIRA. Is there any sort of plugin or anything which would help us out? Currently we are manually creating issues and since the count of issues to be loaded into JIRA is increasing everyday, we are looking out for an issue importer.

Please guide us

Thank you.

6 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

I'm not sure if you can import a xls(x)-file, but you could use the csv-Importer. Please check the documentation

Thanks for thr reply Udo Brand.

I went through the documentation and proceeded as guided. I am able to import the issues from the excel to JIRA.

thanks again

Glad I could help.

could you please guide me.. how to import multiple issues from excel to JIRA

Hi guys,

With JExcel  you can import issues from Excel using the usual Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.moresimp.jexcel

I hope it helped,

Regards,

Janos

Hello Hemanth,

Can you please explain how could you import from excel?

could you please guide me.. how to import multiple issues from excel to JIRA

Hi @Hemanth Kumar BH,

can u please help us here to import data from Excel format into jIra.

as u mentioned in ur above comment, you provide this documentation, but i went through this article here will find CSV to JIRA. 

Try Administration > System > External System Import > CSV to import data from Excel. I ran into some challenges with this, and documented my findings in a blog at Importing a project plan with subtasks from Excel into Jira

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

106 views 2 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you