We are trying to switch to Jira from Mantis. But we can't import the projects from Mantis because of the following problem:
When the main import process is done it runs indexind, which fails each time with andefined error. And after that JIRA DB becomes broken and JIRA UI doesn't show any issues, even ones what was in JIRA before the import.
Log of the import process is here:
We have tried several versions of JIRA among 5.x and 6.x. The result is same. The last version we have tried is 6.4.7#64022
Version of mantis is 1.2.3. DB of Mantis is MySQL. The DB connector is set.
DB of JIRA is Postgres.
Did anyone meet that problem? What can we do to solve it?
I don't like the inactive users during your import - have you tried importing against a 'eval' JIRA license with unlimited users? You could go in afterwards and deactivate enough to get below your license count. There's been issues before with the importers properly handling inactives (but they're all marked as resolved I believe)
this may get posted all fubar'd - having incredible difficulties with Confluence and setting links on things this week.
This answers post looks very related to your issue...inactive users, etc, etc.
No, this is not a problem about the users for sure. The problem was about indexing process what starts after successfully importing of users, issues and other things. You can see it if you look at the log attached.
We have solved the problem - it was a custom field with empty name in mantis. So when JIRA tried to process that empty value in indexing process, it became so surprisely for JIRA that it stopped processing When we have set the name to that custom field in mantis the importing problem is gone.
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.Save your spot