Import issues from ALM via CSV Import - any way to retain tables and numbered lists?

Kate Hanna November 20, 2019

We are importing tests from ALM into Jira XRAY.  They come in as an "XRAY test" issue type, which is all good.

However, some of our descriptions have tables in them.  These lose all their formatting and come in as plain text, losing all the column and row integrity.

Is there any way to get the tables to come in nicely?  For the purposes of this, I think it is immaterial that the data is going into Xray tests - these are just JIRA issues.

2 answers

0 votes
José Domingues [Xray]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 9, 2019

Hello Kate, 

Please make sure you are using the correct method for this import - using the HP QC/ALM Import ; also check for problems with synthax.

Remember that the importer has limitations and works specifically with versions v12.5.x

To learn more about our importer, please check the link https://confluence.xpand-it.com/pages/releaseview.action?pageId=27534872 

If you have any further questions or issues,  please contact our Support.

Best regards,

Team Xray

0 votes
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 20, 2019

You could try and convert your tables before you do the import. I just did a quick test in my environment and a table is exported like this in Jira (csv export):

||Heading 1||Heading 2||
|Col A1|Col A2|

Suggest an answer