Import data from Excel or use an array to specify several demands in one issue

Christophe Leite July 24, 2013

Hello,

My purpose is to create an issue where I could specify several demands (example : run different programs, with specific parameters,...). On the first line, I would have a first demand with all informations required, on a second line, others informations for another one, ...

1) I wonder if I could import data from Excel sheet, to create several issues ? (each field of the issue would be equivalent to each line of the Excel sheet)

2) if point 1 is not possible, is this to create a sort of array or sheet in JIRA's issue containing all data I need?

Thanks a lot,

Christophe

1 answer

0 votes
Randall Robertson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 24, 2013
Save your excel sheet as a CSV file and import it with JIRA's CSV import tool. Check the documentation for your version of JIRA for instructions on running the import wizard to map the columns of your excel sheet to fields in JIRA. Here is the documentation for the 6.0 version of JIRA: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA060/Importing+Data+from+CSV#ImportingDatafromCSV-RunningtheCSVfileimportwizard

Suggest an answer