Import Group from G Suite

Tomasz Niewczas [Phoenix] September 11, 2017

How I can import group from G suite to jira? I cant find this option. I have more then 500 users with multiple groups and im need import groups. 

2 answers

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 18, 2019

Hi @Robin Green 

I would say you are correct, I have not answered the question.  Thanks for pointing this out.  I must have misunderstood when reading this the first time, sorry about that.

As of today, Atlassian Cloud can't sync the groups from a Google Apps or G Suite integration.  There is an open feature request for this in https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/ID-152

I would recommend watching that feature request and voting on this.  This way you can be made aware should Atlassian Cloud start to offer this ability in the future, and voting will help our development team prioritize this feature accordingly.

Sorry there is not a clear solution at this time.

Regards,

Andy

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 11, 2017

Hi Thomasz,

Are you using the old UI or the new Experience UI?  If you are using the new UI, rather than clicking the , click Settings in the Jira sidebar.

If you are using the old UI:

• Select 
     >  User management
  • Select G Suite.
  • Click on View and edit selection

Cheers,

Branden

Tomasz Niewczas [Phoenix] September 11, 2017

thanks for reply

Can I import group name from G Suite to Group in Jira? I want to import also groups and set permissions based on groups from G Suite

group.PNG

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
September 19, 2017

Hi Tomasz,

If you click that GSuite link on the left side of that page, you can then connect your Jira instance to your Google Suite in order to import users and groups.

2501.png

This is also documented in Integrate with G Suite

Robin Green April 18, 2019

I don't think you have answered the question. The question is:

Can I import group name from G Suite to Group in Jira? I want to import also groups and set permissions based on groups from G Suite

The requirement is:

- I have a Google group named 'pspartners' which are not employees of my company

- I have a Jira/Confluence group named 'partners' that has permissions set up so that anyone in it has read-only access to a small subset of our Confluence pages, and no access to Jira

- I want to associate the two groups, so that as users are added to the Google group and synced to Jira/Confluence, the automatically gain access to the one Confluence project they have readonly access to, and they don't gain any access to other projects or to Jira.

How is this done?

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer