Implementing a custom field which will have different value in issue navigator and excel

Tuncay Senturk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 21, 2017

Hi,

Just like "Original Estimate" field, I want to modify a custom field which will have different views for column view (issue navigator view) and the view in excel (after exporting).

Actually I need somthing like below in atlassian-plugin.xml

<resource type="velocity" name="excel" location="templates/customfield/myfield/xls-view.vm" />

or a control as below in any vm file

#if($excelExport)
// place only number here
#end

Any help appreciated

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tuncay Senturk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 21, 2022

Thanks @Guilhem Dupuy 

I also found out that there was no solution for that, It has been so long though.

Actually, my problem was to have a different view in Excel and issue navigator. I found a workaround though,

- check whether it is excel request on the server side, and put that to excelExport boolean parameter value. servlet's query path includes something like 

jira.issueviews:searchrequest-excel

- in .vm file check excelExport parameter (as shown in the question) 

0 votes
Guilhem Dupuy
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 21, 2022

Hi @Tuncay Senturk ,

Unfortunately this is not possible in Jira,

However, you could parameter the values of your field like this. : 

"1 | value 1"

"2 | value 2"

So that in your excel export, you can easily remove the characters after "|" and get numbers as you would like. 

This is more an Excel trick than a Jira one but it could do the work I suppose, could it help in your case ?

Guilhem

Suggest an answer