Implementing Crowd SSO with jira

Maheswari December 2, 2018

I am trying to implement crowd sso with jira. I am following this document https://confluence.atlassian.com/crowd/integrating-crowd-with-atlassian-jira-192625.html.

But crowd sso is not working.

I edited seraph-config.xml file correctly.

But still my internal jira directory users can login to jira So i think the sso is not enabled in jira.

How can implement this.

Please anyone help

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 3, 2018

User directories and SSO are not the same thing.

You have an internal user directory with users in it.  They can log in, no matter what you do with SSO, that's what the user directory is for.

SSO might well be enabled.  It does need the other applications you want to log into to be using the same user directory as Jira, but it doesn't affect the internal directory.

Could you explain what you're expecting to happen, and what happens if someone in a directory used for SSO tries to visit the other applications after logging into Jira?

Maheswari December 5, 2018

Hi Nic

Thanks for your reply.

I fixed it. I restart the Jira after seraph-config.xml file edit.

0 votes
Mateusz Miara
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 14, 2019

Hey Nic,

just to let you know, Crowd 3.4 has just release and it comes with Crowd SSO 2.0 - Crowd’s single point of access for Jira, Jira Service Desk, Bitbucket, and Confluence across different domains with one common login page. For more information, see our documentation

Hope this helps,

Mateusz

Suggest an answer