Image Copy/Paste does not work

Alexander Urban October 16, 2017

Until a few weeks ago, I could have a screenshot (e.g. from Greenshot or mspaint or from an email) in my clipboard, and paste the image into the jira ticket description. The image was then uploaded to the server and a link added to the ticket, and when I clicked save and opened the ticket, the image was visible.

Then, the part with the upload to server stopped working - but the link is still added to the ticket. The ticket, after saving without error, then contains the following text:

> Unable to render embedded object: File (image-2017-10-16-11-20-17-360.png) not found.

I am using Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.15063].

In Chrome 61, I have tested both the old UI and the "new jira experience", both are affected.

I have tested the following browsers with the new UI only, all four are affected:

- Chrome 61.0.3163.100 (Official Build) (64-bit)

- Firefox 57.0b7 (64-bit)

- Edge 15.15063 - 

- Internet Explorer 11.674.15063.0 UpdateVer 11.0.47 (KB4040685)

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 17, 2017

Hi Alexander,

Sorry to hear about this problem, but it looks like you might be effected by a recent bug.  Please see the bug report of JRACLOUD-67734 for more details.  This problem appears to be specifically with attaching files with copy/paste.   You should still be able to save the attachment first and then attach it that way:

Workaround

1. Save the attachments and upload it via the Attachments field. Then, it is possible to attach it to the description field
  2. Create the issue first, then only paste the attachment.

I realize this is not as simple as the copy paste method, but I would recommend watching that bug ticket for updates to this issue.

Suggest an answer