If the reporter is also the approver od ticket, he/she cannot approve the ticket

We've been configuring Service Desk and experienced the following scenario.

We have an approval workflow, which is set so that when ticket is created is giong directly to status Under Approval (no open status). Aditionally, on the create transition, we have set that instead of Issue Created, Generic Event is called. This is set in order not to send Issue Created notifications since the ticket needs to be approved first.

Now, whenever the reporter and approver are the same person, the request cannot be approved. The attached error appears.

1 answer

0 vote
Thomas Schlegel Community Champion Sep 06, 2017

Hi Nadica,

could you please describe or attach the error? It's not easy to find the problem without further information.

I'm looking at adding Approvals to my workflow also based on a specific issue type.  I DO NOT want the ticket reporter/creator to be the approver.  What is the most efficient way to accomplish this? 

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Monday in Jira Software

How large do you think Jira Software can grow?

Hi Atlassian Community! My name is Shana, and I’m on the Jira Software team. One of the many reasons this Community exists is to connect you to others on similar product journeys or with comparabl...

685 views 6 13
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you