If the reporter is also the approver od ticket, he/she cannot approve the ticket

Nadica Gaber September 6, 2017

We've been configuring Service Desk and experienced the following scenario.

We have an approval workflow, which is set so that when ticket is created is giong directly to status Under Approval (no open status). Aditionally, on the create transition, we have set that instead of Issue Created, Generic Event is called. This is set in order not to send Issue Created notifications since the ticket needs to be approved first.

Now, whenever the reporter and approver are the same person, the request cannot be approved. The attached error appears.

1 answer

0 votes
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 6, 2017

Hi Nadica,

could you please describe or attach the error? It's not easy to find the problem without further information.

Aaron Ponder September 7, 2017

I'm looking at adding Approvals to my workflow also based on a specific issue type.  I DO NOT want the ticket reporter/creator to be the approver.  What is the most efficient way to accomplish this? 

Nadica Gaber September 11, 2017

popup.png

popup.png

Andrews January 21, 2020

Hi @Thomas Schlegel 

I'm looking at adding Approvals to my workflow. I DO NOT want the ticket reporter/creator to be the approver/Reviewer. What is the most efficient way to accomplish this?
Now the person that has entered the request (reporter), should not be the approver/Reviewer. In case they are the same, the request should not go to the approver.
The approvers are listed and chosen from a custom field (single select).

How to achieve this via Script Runner Custom Validator? Could you please help me on this.

Suggest an answer