If I go to enter an issue, my project is in the dropdown list. But I cannot find the project.

Scott Splater June 6, 2022

If I go to enter an issue, my project is in the dropdown list. But I cannot find the project to pull it up directly.

2 answers

1 vote
Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 6, 2022

Hello @Scott Splater ! Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

The first question I have: Is your project a team-managed or company-managed project?

If it's a team-managed project, what role are you?

If it's a company-managed project, do you have the Browse Project permission?

Hi, I don't know.  I just got the global JIRA access and separately I had the project created.  I am the Project Manager.  

Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 6, 2022

This sounds like this is a company-managed project.  Can you ask your Jira admin if you have access to your newly-created project?

0 votes
Guruprasad Shenoy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 6, 2022

Hi @Scott Splater 

Welcome to The Atlassian Community !

While Creating an issue u can only select the project from the drop down list.

Currently there is no option to pull it up 

the project used recently to create issue will show up at top in the recent project section and the rest project will be available in All project section

Hope this helps

-Guru 

If I look at the All Projects list, the project does not show up.   But if I go to create an Issue, the project is there in the dropdown selection list.

Suggest an answer