I would like to know the storage limit of jira agile projects

maria paula nino June 3, 2015

Is there a limit in the size of the files?

2 answers

3 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 3, 2015

Yes.  You can limit upload sizes in the "attachments" section if you want, but probably more relevant is the absolute limit of 25Gb you have on a Cloud system.  (On server, you're only limited by your own hardware choices)

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 4, 2015

And here I thought he was not talking about the attachments :(

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 4, 2015

That's possible, yes. I always look at the attachments because they're the thing to worry about. The data in the database is usually a tiny fraction of the space consumed by attachments. I remember getting backups measured in Mb for Jira systems with hundreds of thousands of issues, and hundreds of Gb of attachment data. I think the space taken up by the installation and database are generally negligible (and there's no sane way to say "project X takes up Y kb in the database", you'd have to unpick every row in every table to calculate it)

MattS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 4, 2015

A picture is worth a thousand words. An attachment takes three orders of magnitude more space than text data?

Jessie December 31, 2018

Hi @MattS just wanted to share that we've increased the storage limit for both Jira Cloud products and Confluence Cloud from 25GB to 250GB, regardless of user tier.

If you have both Confluence and Jira, each has its own 250GB storage limit (note that all Jira family products have a combined storage limit).

Storage is primarily made up of:

• Attachments from Jira products
  • Confluence attachments

It’s also important to know that storage limits in Cloud are not currently enforced. We are currently revising our storage policy in Cloud and will roll out more options for purchasing additional storage, along with enforcing the limits sometime in 2019. We will notify customers in advance before we roll out these changes.

If your Atlassian Cloud products exceed the storage limit, your instance will not be suspended, except in extreme circumstances, and we will not remove any data. If you exceed your storage limit by a small amount, and you're storing acceptable types of data, your products will continue to work.

Like Mizael de Alva likes this
0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 3, 2015

I am not aware of any storage limits. I support a very large JIRA Project/Agile but I do not encounter one. 

Is there a reason on why you ask? 

Suggest an answer