I wanted to delete a board but then I see the warning 'This board contains issues from Sprint X...'

kacharuk.marukpitak January 16, 2020

I accidentally created an additional board from existing board (a running sprint board), and now I want to delete it. 

However, it warns me with the following message :

'This board contains issues from Sprint <x>, and that sprint is currently active. We recommend completing or deleting active sprints before deleting <board name>'

So I would like to understand what will be the consequence if I go ahead and delete it. Will there be any impact on the running sprint?

1 answer

2 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 17, 2020

Hello @kacharuk.marukpitak

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

Per your description, I understand that you have created a new board with the same filter of another existing board and now both are displaying the same Sprint, so you would like to delete the new board you created and keep using the first one. Is that correct?

The warning displayed to you when clicking to delete the board is to avoid the Sprint to be completely removed, in case you don't have any other boards using that same Sprint.

That being said, If you can clearly confirm that the first created board has the same Sprint displayed under active Sprint and are with the same issues, you can go ahead and delete the new board without any consequences.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Suggest an answer