I want to restrict viewing of sub-task and can be view only particular role of users

Sai Gangadhar December 12, 2021

I want to restrict viewing of sub-task and can be view only particular role of users.

Can anyone please help me how to achieve this?

1 answer

0 votes
Antonio Valle _G2_ December 13, 2021

Hello @Sai Gangadhar , we have done this using an issue security schema.

Tom Lister
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 13, 2021

FYI Sub tasks will take the security permissions of their parent and isn't applied to individual sub-tasks.

Like Nic Brough -Adaptavist- likes this
Sai Gangadhar December 13, 2021

Yes, as @Tom Lister sub tasks use it's parent task's issue security scheme. We can't apply it separately for sub tasks.

Antonio Valle _G2_ December 13, 2021

Sure!

We used a custom field with a group and then the issue security defines "members in the group". Also you can use "project role" for the security level

Sai Gangadhar December 14, 2021

yeah but for sub task we can't select security level it'll automatically inherits from it's parent task

Tom Lister
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 14, 2021

Hi @Sai Gangadhar 

Alternatives might be linking tasks together. You can define your own link types and their worfing so the intent is clear

Use an Epic as your top level task.

Tom

Suggest an answer