I want to remove a duplicate user

CJ Connoy December 10, 2019

we have a team member that recently signed up for our Jira project. he signed up like everyone else did. we noticed that his name is listed twice (he has two "initials icons") when looking at our project Dashboard and Kanban board. 

this is confusing because he currently has two Jira tasks on him... one of his "icons" has one of his tasks listed and his other "icon" has both of his tasks listed.

1 answer

1 vote
Kirstin Seidel-Gebert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 11, 2019

By "on him" you mean that the tasks are assigned to him?

You need to switch all usages of the user you want to remove to the other user. Then remove the duplicate.

Cheers,

Kirstin

CJ Connoy December 11, 2019

yes, those tasks are assigned to him (on him).

how do I remove the duplicate?

thanks!

Kirstin Seidel-Gebert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 11, 2019

I'm not on JIRA Cloud, but this should be the same as JIRA Server.
As soon as the user you want to delete has no more issues assigned, you can delete her or him in the admin section: cog icon on the right side of the header bar, then select User management.

Cheers,
Kirstin

CJ Connoy December 13, 2019

that worked, thanks!

Suggest an answer