• Community
  • Products
  • Jira
  • Questions
  • I want due date to be entered by the users but once entered they shouldnt have access to modify the due dates, only admin can

I want due date to be entered by the users but once entered they shouldnt have access to modify the due dates, only admin can

ANIRUDH RAMESH December 28, 2016

I want due date to be entered by the users but once entered they shouldnt have access to modify the due dates, only admin can

2 answers

3 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 28, 2016

There's no explicit way to do this. Perhaps you could do something like this – 

• For your Screen Scheme – 
    • Set the Due Date field on the Create and View Operations
    • Do NOT set the Due Date field on the Edit Operation
  • On the Workflow – 
    • Add a New Transition Origin: Any Status; Destination: Itself
    • Name it Edit Due Date
    • Add a Screen with just the Due Date field
    • Set a Transition Condition for Project Role - Administrator
2 votes
Peter Bengov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 28, 2016

As Steven mentioned, there is no straightforward way to do so. On top of the suggestions raised, you can also use these workarounds:

1. Add this field on Create screen so the reporter would add. Don't show the field on View screens. 
  2. Then copy the value from this field into a different new custom field with a post function on Create transition. 
  3. Show only that copied custom field in the View screens.
  4. If you like, you can add the Due Date field in a new tab called Admin or something like that (users don't usually navigate to other tabs) and there you can have the original field for admins to edit. 

Suggest an answer